Join now - be part of our community!

Fingerprint sensor issue after updating to android 10

Lebowskithedude
Visitor

Fingerprint sensor issue after updating to android 10

Hi, after updated to android 10 the fingerprint sensor works slower and sometimes I need to hold my finger twice or even more times until the sensor recognizes the fingerprint.

48 REPLIES 48
Areolos22
Visitor

Little better, but still unusable. Sometimes fast, sometimes unresponsible. 

Is this my last Sony?? I think yes

CrazeeDave
Visitor

Add me to the me toos.

Fingerprint sensor doesn't seem to be offered at all - the login screen request shows password only.

I got it back once, then it vanished again.

Also failed for unlocking apps.

This is pathetic Sony.

Climb
Visitor

And me too! Honestly Sony is useless with all the updates, especially with the last ones, making sure you're gonna end up with unusable brick, forcing you to go for a new phone since being soo frustrated that nothing works as it should be. I didn't upgrade to Android 10 as was sick with everything going wrong after each single update, plus all the good options and features are disappearing one after another. After some previous update I suddenly had a distorted sound only for ringtones and notifications, that got better but every now and then it's still there. I won't mention the constant problem with camera opening, error with it or the card, freezing constantly, apps disappearing and having just a wallpaper, kicking me out from apps, or someone's ringing and I have black screen unless I press power button and look up for call and than I can answer, or it happens at the end of a call that I can't disconnect it... List is really looooong and I'm sick of it. Plus NEVER a reply from Sony about a solution, where thousands of people were posting same issues, for example quite important, like home button not working after an update, or you can't scroll notification bar down unless on lock screen. Cool! Another Sony for me? No, thank you!!! Luckily I'm due my upgrade and finally will be able to use a phone stress free! With actually good features and improvements added with updates.Too many years stuck with really good handsets destroyed after updates, happening faster, 6years ago X2 halfway through, 4 years ago X after few mths, now XZ2 after 1st update! Ridiculous!! Follow my example guys and leave Sony when you can. Good luck!

Ollimax
Visitor

@Bagi  Such stupid chatter. I will not leave Sony. Android 10 version 52.1.A.0.618 does it well. I have had my Xperia xz2 compact for almost two years. It will also be used for another year. I'm also excited about the new Xperia 1 II. I'm going to buy it! 

AngryBoo
Visitor

It works again after March update! Thank you Sony soft engineers

apocalypserogue
Visitor

Great, thank you works for me! 

CrimpOn
Visitor

@Ollimax wrote:

@Bagi  Such stupid chatter. I will not leave Sony. Android 10 version 52.1.A.0.618 does it well. I have had my Xperia xz2 compact for almost two years. It will also be used for another year. I'm also excited about the new Xperia 1 II. I'm going to buy it! 

Which model Sony?  H8214 or H8324?  Thanks

Ollimax
Visitor

@CrimpOn I have a Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact H8324 with Android 10 Build 52.1.A.0.618. Everything is going well. It's my 4th Sony Xperia 

omoeller
Visitor

On my XZ2 it started well with 618, after a couple of days things got worse again, finger print performance is lousy, battery drain is ok, but lags here and there. Therefore I am not convinced about the solution - even after a complete reset! And it's my 10th Sony ... and I am frustrated!

Ollimax
Visitor

@omoeller I recommend a full reset. Thank god I didn't need it. Sony has always been good. But is not sure whether it will go on like this. The competitors are strong. The economic crisis and COVID-19 make this difficult. I hope you can find a solution