Join now - be part of our community!

Seamless updates?

SOLVED
knickl
Visitor

Seamless updates?

Is Sony planning to launch the Xperia XZ with Nougat out of the box? If yes, will it support the seamless updates features provided by Google?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christofer
Champion

Hi @knickl,

I'm afraid that current Xperia devices will not support the Seamless Updates feature introduced in Android 7.0 Nougat. Supporting the Seamless Update feature requires an entire restructuring of the partitioning layout, which is not feasible in current Xperia devices.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@knickl

Contact Sony directly regarding the first question, as for the second question which features are you referring to ?

knickl
Visitor

@uliwooly seamless updates help you to update your phone in a much improved way!

http://www.androidauthority.com/android-n-seamless-updates-693500/
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

You will have to contact Sony directly on this. I can see a lot of users not liking this feature, this is based on comments on this user based forum. 

knickl
Visitor

"A lot of users not liking this feature" Could you elaborate further? Didn't find and info here about seamless updates and hence asked.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@knickl

There are some users who claim that updates are pushed on their phones without they agreeing, which is not true, but they believe that and they hate the thought of that. 

knickl
Visitor

Ok. But so does that mean that the XZ has the partitions required to get seamless updates?
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@knickl

I don't know but I'll escalate this

Christofer
Champion

Hi @knickl,

I'm afraid that current Xperia devices will not support the Seamless Updates feature introduced in Android 7.0 Nougat. Supporting the Seamless Update feature requires an entire restructuring of the partitioning layout, which is not feasible in current Xperia devices.