Join now - be part of our community!

KD55-XD7005 PS4 Pro 4K HDMI 2 issues

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ch1nch4ch4
Explorer

KD55-XD7005 PS4 Pro 4K HDMI 2 issues

Since my TV updated a few months back i am having issues with my PS4 Pro and 4K HDR setup via HDMI 2. When connected to HDMI2 i can only see the PS4 dashboard if i boot the PS4 into safe mode and select change resolution. I then select Automatic for resolution. If i then go to setup 4K RGB and setup HDR i get no signal message on the TV. 

The TV is set to enhanced mode for ports 2/3 so i know it "should" work. If i switch to HDMI 3 and run the same it works without any issues so that rules our a faulty HDMI cable.

Once i get the "no signal" message the only fix is to run through this same scenario again.

The build version of my TV is below

Build: Bravia_ATV2_EU-User 8.0.0 0PR2.170623.027.S32

Any help or any possible way to downgrade the update would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you enable hdr you go in the case with 10 bit color since hdr needs it ...then too much bandwidth

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

By design HDMI 2.0 connections do not have enough bandwidth to manage 4K60fps HDR10 RGB signal if this is what you expect. Has been highligthed in this forum that probably the ARC port (HDMI 3 in your tv) seems to have slightely more than 18gbps to enable those signal. But this is not a feature of HDMI 2.0

T

4K 8 bit 10 bit 12 bit 16 bit
/24 Hz
/25 Hz
/30 Hz
RGB/4:4:4/
4:2:2
/50 Hz
/60 Hz
4:2:0/4:2:2
4:2:0 4:2:0 4:2:0
profile.country.GB.title
ch1nch4ch4
Explorer

Thanks for the reply and info.

i understand where your coming from and I would agree if I hadn’t had this setup working prior to the latest update. 

is there any specifications on bandwidth for each HDMI port that you are aware of? 

I’ve looked through the manuals and it clearly states the higher end hdr resolution is supported in HDMI 2 and 3 so it should work.

thanks 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You can check on the official hdmi documentation.  Bandwidth is limited to 18gbps so 4k and 60fps and hdr (at least 10 bit by definition) and RGB is not supported. You should lower at least one of the 4 (setting chroma to 4.2.0 would do). Or you may take advantage of the arc port anomaly and use it.
profile.country.GB.title
ch1nch4ch4
Explorer

Thanks for the Info.

oddly I set the PS4 to automatic and it starts up but when I adjust HDR it then stops working.

As you mentioned jumping onto the ARC port allows the additional jump but do find it odd the PS4 doesn’t recognise the correct setting and just work.

if I manually knock the resolution down one it then allows me to configure HDR and it works.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you enable hdr you go in the case with 10 bit color since hdr needs it ...then too much bandwidth
profile.country.GB.title
ch1nch4ch4
Explorer

Fair enough, really appreciate the info it’s helped allot.