Join now - be part of our community!

Now TV

profile.country.GB.title
adamski99_uk

Now TV

The long awaited Now TV app is available on the Play store.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
comorri50

Yes, found it last night, almost by accident whilst manually updating my Android TV apps.

May finally be able to ditch the three year old+ Roku Express stick, now.

The picture quality of the latest episode of Lovecraft County certainly seemed to be an improvement over the Roku Express during my initial quick look before bedtime last night.

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Note if you have Boost the setting to activate 5.1 surround is a bit obscure. In the app scroll down to the bottom where some menu options are.  Go to MyAccount, and then Boost Settings (this looks like a pass label) and select 5.1 dolby surround

profile.country.GB.title
miscofi

I've downloaded the Now TV app but all it does is flash the revolving multi coloured discs for half a second then goes to a blue screen and stops.

Now TV suggested uninstall blah blah. I'd already done that. No difference.

Since I have a Humax box (with its own Now TV app pre installed) connected to my XG9505 and the TV aerial signal is looped through that box to the TV for Youview,  I'm wondering if that is somehow interfering with things?

I've noticed that if I disconnect the Youview box HDMI, from the TV then the XG9505 reports no internet signal, but plugging it back in and restarting Youview, brings the signal back. All very odd

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

That is odd and doesn't really make sense. HDMI leads can emit interference, it normally only affects tv aerial leads. How is the TV connected to the Internet - wired or WiFi, and do other apps on it work OK like Netflix or Youtube

profile.country.GB.title
miscofi

It's connected via ethernet to both TV and Youview.
All other apps work fine ( unless I disconnect the Youview box HDMI ).

I guess I need to test a full disconnect of the Humax from Aerial and HDMI

Strangely, one of the questions asked by Now TV first line support, was
whether I have any other device with a Now TV app on it, connected to the
TV. I told them yes, but that didn't seem to bother them.

I'm waiting for the case to be escalated...might be some time 😊