Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-65AG8 ... will it work with BDV-7200?

profile.country.GB.title
Forton7
Explorer

Sony KD-65AG8 ... will it work with BDV-7200?

Hi there!  I am considering investing in a really good SONY TV and have my eye on the KD-65AG8.  I have a a BDV-7200 Home Theatre system that gives great sound and I want to keep using it.  My question is - can I use the two together?  Can I use the "Front Speaker" set-up on the TV to get even better sound?  Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated before I splash out a considerable sum of money!!!

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
merseyswine

I tried thatveith my new KD55AG9  TV and my ageing 5.1 system powered by an old Cambridge Audio amp. I just disconnected the centre speaker and connected the wires to the TV’s centre speaker terminals. The sound was “really good” until I cranked the volume up to half way. Then, whenever the sound got busy, it would go intermittent in a “chakka-chakka” manner. Expert advice told me that this was the amp getting overloaded. So, I junked the old sound system and bought a Samsung Q90R Harman Kardon system.  Now, I never use the TV speakers, excellent though they are, because I’ve now discovered what “really good” sound is. Dolby Atmos - oh yessss.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Ag8 does not even have that feature in any case

profile.country.GB.title
Forton7
Explorer

Thanks - so would you recommend the AG8 / BDV7200 combination?

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

The spec of the BDV 7200 appears to include HDMI  Arc so surround sound should work in 5.1 etc from the TV with a single HDMI connection in the TVs HDMI ARC socket.  Turn on Bravia sync on both TV and the Sony BDV - you can choose whether turning on the TV will always turn on the BDV, or that at you can turn it on when you want it.  The TV speakers will turn off automatically when the BDV is on.  I don't have either model but works the same for all HDMI CEC and Arc equipped devices.  That said, having both Sony devices should help avoid any glitches which you can get with different nanufacturers

Even if it works I wouldn't mess around with trying to use the Tv as your front speakers

profile.country.GB.title
Forton7
Explorer

Thanks!  And I agree with your comment around glitches - the BDV is not happy being connected to a Samsung TV!!