Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-43XD8305B Firmware update

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD-43XD8305B Firmware update

Hello Quinnicus ,

Why my 43XD8305B has not yet updated to the new firmware version 6.1004 , even if the auto update is set to ON and the TV is connected to internet ? On Sony website this new firmware version is available from 15.03.2017 and already passed two weeks and my TV is not going to do the update . The update to version 6.0614 , did it on December 3, 2016 , a few days after the appearance on the Sony website of that firmware . Thanks !

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

Hi , @Anonymous , 

Before the 6.1004 firmware in Home > Games was the same icon as on your tv :

medium.jpeg

and after update was totaly replaced with following Asphalt Nitro icon :

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

My tv is setted in romanian language and the word ,, Jocuri ,, means ,, Games ,, . 

I hope right now you will understand what I am saying . Thanks !

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I can confirm that also on my XD83 the icon changed in the same way. Not having any other game installed I don't know if it would change the behaviour or the apperiance of the icon, actually it run the setup process for Asphalt Nitro that I don't have any wish to have on the TV (so I stopped it)

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

Hi , @rooobb , 

Your answer calmed me , because I thought that an error occurred during the update to version 6.1004 . Also , I never opened the Games Shop icon and I never had other game installed on my TV , because at my age , I'm not a gamer . I use this KD-XD8305B for watching television broadcasts on cable by RCS & RDS and sometimes for 4K HDR videos from internet . Thanks for your help !