Join now - be part of our community!

Sony remote not turning on BT

profile.country.GB.title
Montjuic88
New

Sony remote not turning on BT

Bought Sony Bravia KD55XH9505BU a few months back. Set it up with the new BT box. It sets it up so the Sony remote would work with the BT box, as you might expect. Not had issues until the last week. When I hit the 'TV' button it goes to the HDMI the BT box is connected to, as it usually does. What did happen is that the TV comes up with a message to 'turn on' the TV box. I would click OK and the BT box would turn on, and I could control it fine. Now, the option to turn the TV box comes up as normal but the remote seemingly does not connect as it can't turn it on. Checked the remote settings and it seems to be connected. I did mess about with various settings the first time it happened and somehow fixed it but some days later it has occurred again. I'm a bit lost at this point, the fact it worked fine for a few months makes it stranger and harder to pin down. Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Montjuic88 

So your Sony Remote has a mode whereby you can control the YouView box - AV rather than TV on the remote, or some such?

And you choose HDMI 3 with it in TV mode - do you remember to switch the remote to AV mode again before pressing OK, so the YouView box gets the OK, and not the TV?

Or maybe you are relying on BraviaSync/CEC, so the TV gets the OK, but it knows to pass this to the YouView box as a ‘turn on’ request?

Possible fix 1 is a soft reset of the YouView box. While not recording on it, nor about to, touch the On/Standby button on the box and keep your finger there until it reboots, after about 8 seconds.

This is a soft reboot, albeit a special,one, that won’t lose anything off the box.

See if this fixes it.

The second possible fix is to change how you bring the YouView box on. On my YouView remote, I just press the On button, and it turns on the box, turns on the TV, if it is not already on, and switches the TV to the appropriate HDMI input.

All with one press. Your Sony remote, in AV mode, should be able to do the same; which is much easier even than what you were doing before.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Montjuic88
New

Spoiler
Thanks, think it could be along the lines of the Bravia sync thing you mentioned. It seems again to have fixed itself so I’ll try the youview soft reset next time!