Join now - be part of our community!

Where are the timer menus (for USB record) on a KD-43XD8305

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Where are the timer menus (for USB record) on a KD-43XD8305

I've been getting to grips with our new KD-43XD8305 but one thing has me stumped. Recording to a USB drive.

The drive is set up for recording and will allow recording to take place in real time, in other words pressing record and recording the program on screen. Thats fine.

What I can't find is,

a/ Any timer menu screen to input a manual event.

and,

b/ I can not figure out setting a timer event from the EPG. If I select a program to record from the guide I do see a window open at the lower right with a 'Timer Record' button. Selecting that appears to do nothing. I would have expected that to commit the event to memory and to go to a timer screen. There is no confirmation (and in fact it doesn't record the event).

What am I missing ?

The TV has the latest firmware and You View is disabled to allow USB recording.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

A quick update to this......

Following a reboot the timer settings now seem to be available, both from the EPG and from the menu's available at the left of the screen (red sidebar) when the EPG is selected.

The reboot wasn't something 'scheduled' but occured out of necessity as the the TV had to be disconnected from the mains to allow the old dinosaur 32" IDTV to be collected and removed. Following this and the menus now seem available. Odd but there we are. I did perform a firmware update to the new TV pretty much straight away after unboxing it but did not reboot afterwards.

So hopefully this will all work now... if not I'll be back.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

A quick update to this......

Following a reboot the timer settings now seem to be available, both from the EPG and from the menu's available at the left of the screen (red sidebar) when the EPG is selected.

The reboot wasn't something 'scheduled' but occured out of necessity as the the TV had to be disconnected from the mains to allow the old dinosaur 32" IDTV to be collected and removed. Following this and the menus now seem available. Odd but there we are. I did perform a firmware update to the new TV pretty much straight away after unboxing it but did not reboot afterwards.

So hopefully this will all work now... if not I'll be back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Great that it is all working again.  It is amazing what a reboot of the TV does.

A quick tip in rebooting the TV - Press and hold the power button on the remote control for more than 6 seconds and the TV should reboot.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Thanks for the tip on rebooting, I'll remember that one.