Join now - be part of our community!

Arc not working..? 65hx92

profile.country.GB.title
hdvanman1
Explorer

Arc not working..? 65hx92

Hi I have a problem with arc on hdmi 3 not working when on Netflix or digital TV to my Denon Avr-x3500h it will only work with optical only. 65xh92.

The TV is connected to the denon via hdmi. My previous TV which was a Sony 55xe9005 and had no problems at all.

Must say the picture is a serious upgrade from my previous Sony and the speed of the menu system. 

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@hdvanman1 

Oops. Back later.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
hdvanman1
Explorer

Hi just to make clear the TV is connected via hdmi. Number 3 hdmi is ARC and is connected to denon Avr-x3500h output with ARC. This worked on previous Sony tv. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

are you using ARC or eARC?

profile.country.GB.title
hdvanman1
Explorer

Hi how do you tell both hdmi connections say they are arc. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Both the XH90 and your AV receiver specs indicate that they support ARC and eARC (while your previous TV was only ARC). My guess is that they may negotiate eARC and maybe your HDMI cable is not an ultra hd one... In this case you may force your devices (at least the TV) to use only ARC or you may try a faster HDMI cable to fully use your set up

profile.country.GB.title
hdvanman1
Explorer

Thank you. 

Will try another hdmi cable thats says it's compatible.

Will post when tested. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@hdvanman1 just checked better and maybe I guessed wrong... eARC on XH92 seems to be enabled by the future firmware update along with all the other HDMI 2.1 features while it is already available on all the other 2020's models HDMI 2.0 based... So you'll need a faster cable later on, but as of now it should work exactly as the XE90... 

profile.country.GB.title
merseyswine

If I understand it correctly, there are physical differences between an eARC HDMI cable and a regular HDMI cable. The eARC cables are advertised as supporting ethernet, which is a requirement for eARC. I am assuming that this would require extra conductors in the eARC cable, or at least specially shielded conductors or something.

Does that mean that the eARC HDMI port on the TV would be physically different from the ordinary ARC HDMI port? If so, it can't just be handled by a firmware upgrade, unless the physical features were already there in the TV as manufactured.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

the ethernet feature is there at hardware level also previously, so the channel is there and can be implemented also on those devices that are not fully HDMI 2.1.