Join now - be part of our community!

Remote Control Wont Change Channels

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
micking80
Explorer

Remote Control Wont Change Channels

My KD-55X8509C received a software update on 29 March and since then my RMT-TX1000 remote control will not change channels ie up/down programme buttons and numbers buttons don't work. All other buttons  eg on/off, home, guide, volume etc etc all work fine. This suggests to me that the update has caused the problem.

However, I have tried all the various "tricks" suggested by forum members like pressing each button, but none work. According to other posts here Sony Support are not helpfull on this subject. Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts?

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Ricard51
Explorer

Thank you for your email
I did all this and I am happy to tell you that it works fine now.
Good job
I believe it was statistics,to get rude off .
Thanks again

Sent from Samsung tablet.
profile.country.GB.title
micking80
Explorer

Hi Again Sean.

Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work for me. It was similar to a suggestion from Sony Support received today which also did not work.

You suggested firstly disconnecting all external devices. I only have one plugged in at the moment and that's the HDMI lead from the Virgin Media TIVO box. Don't know if its relevant, but I did notice under the Bravia Sync Settings a heading entitled Bravia Sync device list and it showed no HDMI devices found? 

KRs

Mick  

profile.country.GB.title
micking80
Explorer

Spent quite a bit of time in trying dozens of possible solutions to my problem with my remote controller then today while I was messing around with my settings I came across IR Blaster which  I thought I had not seen before. Tried setting it up but wouldn't work. Checked cable and found the usb was not fully seated in TV so pressed it home and set up IR blaster and Hey Presto the Sony remote controller works perfectly including channel changing.

If at first you don't succeed try and try again!

It might be an idea to include IR Blaster issues among the possible causes of remote controller not working properly.

profile.country.GB.title
Bear_Zeus
Explorer

so will the IR blaster work for the tv itself ? I only ask because I have a sound bar that blocks the tv’s receiver and gynmaatic channel hoping isn’t great all the time 

profile.country.GB.title
micking80
Explorer

My soundbar sits behind my 55 inch TV, both on a low cabinet and sub woofer is at ground level. Although the soundbar is partly obscured by the TV it makes no difference as the remote operates it without any problems. The two sensors for the IR Blaster sit just in front of my Virgin box on a lower level of the cabinet and other end of IR lead into a USB port on side of TV. Both soundbar and IR Blaster respond to remote without any issues.

Hope this helps

Hi,

I have just bought the Bravia XG9005 and I have a problem with the remote control. It is too sensitive and it does not allow me to type the correct channel number. For example, I want to go to the "1" channel, and it goes to 11 or 110 channels. If none can give me a solution I will need to return the TV.

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
LindaK554
Explorer

You say you may have a problem with your remote controller. If so, then you might find it better to first replace the remote rather than the tv!