Join now - be part of our community!

how do you use ITV Hub without youview

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TonyKD49X8309C
Explorer

how do you use ITV Hub without youview

I can use demand 5 and bbc iplayer but cannot use ITV hub or demand 4 as it wants to install youview - i don't like youview and if i install it i cannot use the record to usb function. Does anyone know how to use itv hub without the rubbish youview????

42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.GB.title
suzie75

I don’t see a solution, can you link to it?

profile.country.GB.title
Pete0001

@suzie75 look at royabrowns post on page 1 at hint 2. Click the present. Takes you to git hub. You can download an app ( it contains itv player bbc iplayer etc) and sideload to tv from phone. You can then disable youview and sonyshlf if you want. Tv runs a lot better. 

profile.country.GB.title
suzie75

When I click on the present it goes to a youview Community page that kind of annoyed me! Perhaps I need to do this from my TV? I am using my iPhone. Anyway will see if I can get to this git hub from my TV. Any more help greatly appreciated. I’m not geeky on this stuff and just want the damn thing to work properly! Lol

profile.country.GB.title
suzie75

I found it on my tv but when I click on the app to download it I get a msg file cannot be downloaded. Do I need to do this on a computer and put it on a stick? Sorry clueless here! 

Ok just noticed you said to side load from phone. I don’t have android so stuck. Will see if a usb works! 

profile.country.GB.title
suzie75

The good news is I have finally found a few hours to become an Android Geek and have solved my Youtube dilemma.  If like me you have an iphone, follow the present link on page 1.  Download the APK to your PC. Put it on a USB drive and download an app on your TV called ES File Explorer.  You need to change the security settings on your TV to be open.  Then you go plug in the USB to the TV, go to ES File Explorer, navigate to the USB drive and then install the APK.  Amazingly you will then see all the TV apps in your Apps - happy days and you don't need to use Youview!

profile.country.GB.title
Pete0001

Yeah then on the page it takes you to click the blue link (the repository) then the latest version v1.01 I think it is. Done it from my phone. Then side loaded from phone to tv using es file explorer.

profile.country.GB.title
Pete0001

@suzie75 glad your all sorted 👍

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

The post marked as an answer does not answer the question posed.

Try opening the 🎁 I put a few posts above; that does answer it.

After that you should not need to go back into YouView for these Players, and possibly never to go back into it at all; but if you do go back, note that you can skip the retune that YouView asks you to do, as long as the channels list is up to date on the Freeview side, which makes going back in as speedy as coming out.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@suzie75 wrote:

When I click on the present it goes to a youview Community page that kind of annoyed me! Perhaps I need to do this from my TV? I am using my iPhone. Anyway will see if I can get to this git hub from my TV. Any more help greatly appreciated. I’m not geeky on this stuff and just want the damn thing to work properly! Lol

Sorry to contaminate you with the Community for the dreaded YouView, @suzie75 !

But earlier attempts (not by me) to post the link in this Community were taken down by the powers that be, hence the circuitous route adopted.

Perish the thought that YouView on these Sony TVs should need to be used by anyone other than those who actively embrace it :heart_eyes:

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
gcac2828

Reply's appreciated because I have now downloaded APKs on my desktop the ITV Player. All4 & UKTV,  put on USB which connected to Sony Android and successfully sideloaded the APK's using EX Explorer.

All this helps keep my aging brain active...Ha!!!