Join now - be part of our community!

how do you use ITV Hub without youview

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TonyKD49X8309C
Explorer

how do you use ITV Hub without youview

I can use demand 5 and bbc iplayer but cannot use ITV hub or demand 4 as it wants to install youview - i don't like youview and if i install it i cannot use the record to usb function. Does anyone know how to use itv hub without the rubbish youview????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I understand wherr your coming from.  I leave my TV in YouView mode, as im too lazy to disable and re-enable and it annoys family members too of the different EPGs.

But you can enable/disable without factory resetting the TV.

To disable YouView

1. Press [Home] button on the remote control
  2. Go to 'Settings'
  3. Go to 'Channel Setup'
  4. Go to 'YouView Setup'
  5. Select 'Disable YouView'
  6. Select 'Yes' to confirm

Same process to re-enable it again

Cheers

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you cannot.  I guess you could use the screen mirroring fuctions of a mobile phone or tablet, but you cannot use casting as ITV has not implemented this.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
TonyKD49X8309C
Explorer

So if it is impossible to use the ITV hub app without youview, how can you record freeview channels to usb?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To coin a phrase - it is not a perfect world.  What i mean is...

• To watch ITVHub and All4, you must have YouView Activated
  • For HDD recording of Freeview channels (or watch satellite channels using that Sat tuner), you must Disable Freeview

If you must have HDD recording and ITV catchup services the best (and cheapest) solution without the hassle is to purchase a NowTV box for £14.99.  See HERE

Checking back on your previous posts, you asked this question on the 18/05/2016 of which I answered you at that time. 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
TonyKD49X8309C
Explorer

mmm, i purchased the tv because it was the only tv with android and all the major catchup apps, and the ability to record freeview, therefore diching the old dvd recorder and computer i had hooked up on the old system. i have this mounted on a wall so don't want any more boxes. if i install youview is there an easy way of switching it off so that i can record, i don't mean going back to factory settings, did that took ages. I feel this tv is being mis sold, its giving you one or the other, its like selling you a mcdonalds and saying eat the meat or the bun but not both, surely Sony can patch this

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I understand wherr your coming from.  I leave my TV in YouView mode, as im too lazy to disable and re-enable and it annoys family members too of the different EPGs.

But you can enable/disable without factory resetting the TV.

To disable YouView

1. Press [Home] button on the remote control
  2. Go to 'Settings'
  3. Go to 'Channel Setup'
  4. Go to 'YouView Setup'
  5. Select 'Disable YouView'
  6. Select 'Yes' to confirm

Same process to re-enable it again

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
TonyKD49X8309C
Explorer

Thanks, now I have the best of both Worlds

profile.country.GB.title
suzie75

I agree with these comments. We should have choice to use without Youview and I’ve been trying to find an alternative approach. I used to have access with Amazon Prime on my old Sony HD TV but can’t seem to figure out if I can do that with this new one. Unless you can find a way for YouTube not to degrade performance then I will not use it. It is highly annoying. I love the TV other than this issue, please do or lose customers! 

profile.country.GB.title
suzie75

Youview not YouTube 😆

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Hint 1 - you could have edited your original post from the little gear icon top right, saved yourself the second post.

Hint 2 - a little present :gift:

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking